Welcome to the University of Belgrade
Centre for Career Development
The Centre has been officially founded by the Council of the University of Belgrade on 5th December 2006 as a new member of the University of Belgrade. It had opened its first door at the premises of the Faculty of Law. In April 2008, the University of Belgrade Centre for Career Development moved to the premises at the Rectorate and operates at Studentski trg 1 (Kapetan Mišino zdanje).
The idea of establishing the Centre for Career Development of Belgrade University and Student Counseling with aim of linking together the business and academic world was accomplished thanks to the initiative of the Foundation of Crown Prince Alexander for Culture and Education, and successful cooperation with the Belgrade University of Belgrade. and the University of Nottingham.
The initial team of the Belgrade University Centre for Career Development attended a special know-how training at the Centre for Career Development of the University of Nottinghamafter which, adopting the positive practices of this student service which exists for decades at the majority of universities worldwide, it has been intensively preparing the opening of the first University Centre for Career Development in Serbia.
By organizing trainings at the University of Belgrade during the following year 2007 our centre supported the initial teams of the new university career centers founded at other state universities:
CCD at the University of Kragujevac
CCD at the University of Novi Sad and
CCD at the University of Nis.
Continuing cooperation of our Centers significantly contributes to developing various programs for developing skills and preparation of students in Serbia for the life after graduation.
Goals of the University of Belgrade Centre for Career Development and Student Counselling:
- Providing the effective system of support for students and graduates to help them develop knowledge and skills important for their job finding and continuing education.
- Increasing the number of students and graduates who have gained relevant work experience during their studies or recently after graduation.
- Developing cooperation among all the faculties at the University of Belgrade and strengthening the integrative role of University.
- Promotion of students and graduates of the University of Belgrade as future experts in different business areas and promotion of the University of Belgrade as the leading institution of higher education in this region.
Key role of the Centre is to assist students of the University of Belgrade in developing the knowledge and skills relevant for employment, help them gain work experience during the studies and useful insights about the world of work, and prepare students and graduates for the next step in their career development after graduation.
- We provide students with access to the latest information about professions, employers and opportunities for continuing education, as well as about information on new vacancies.
- We help students to think constructively about the given opportunities
- We are objective and confidential when advising students and directing them to the processes of choosing career paths, and also when helping them to put together and put in action the realistic career development plans.
- We organize workshops, short courses, talks and presentations of employers, in order to help students to understand better the world of work and conquer the necessary skills to organize and successfully manage their careers.
- We cooperate with all the faculties of the University of Belgrade in encouraging professional development of students and their career development.
- We offer numerous services to employers interested in hiring students and graduates – we advertise vacancies and publish news on useful opportunities for students, we organize presentations and meetings with employers, fairs and various events.
- We offer information about labour market to graduates of the University of Belgrade and information about postgraduate studies in country and abroad.
- We work on improving the efficiency of the Centre and learn everyday in order to meet the needs of both students and employers.
The role of the Centre is not to be mediator in employment, but to offer relevant information about possibilities to find employment, while it is up to students to cease these opportunities in direct contact with employers.
Professional values (in Serbian)
Entitlements of clients (in Serbian)
Try Google translate
The University of Belgrade
Centre for Career Development
Studentski trg 1
Phone: +381 11 3207 419