Детаљи за стипендију
|15th Ohrid summer university; Summer School - "Between Two Worlds: Phenomenological Dimensions of Home and Migration Experiences"
| Земља |
| Опис стипендије |
|15th Ohrid summer university; Summer School - "Between Two Worlds: Phenomenological Dimensions of Home and Migration Experiences"|
Ohrid , Macedonia
SUMMER SCHOOL DESCRIPTION
Migration experiences and mass trans-national and cultural movements since World War II, as well as the dynamism of the cultural industry which caused epic changes in typological, phenomenological and cultural paradigms in reading of so called "new migration" in the world - represent the central subject of discussion at this school. Key issues that oscillate around the academic debate are: ideological and technological implications in creating forced migration versus migration by choice, the concepts of comparative theorization between different national, ethnic and racial entities, narrative of the memory in the creation of transnational cultural attributes of the country which is not the country of origin of migrants, sociological paradigms and ambivalence of re-territorialization of the modern subject of migrants, the issue of being homed, home, intimate, gender, religious, sexual, cultural illuminations and their paradigm and theoretical discourses in contemporary cultural theories.
The academic focal interest of this academic discussion is to create a bridge between the theory of migration and the humanities and social sciences through the interest of linguistic, visual, cultural and discursive practices through the experiences of migration and its manifesting interdisciplinary forms through the experience of modern discourses to produce, to disseminate and to anticipate new knowledge.
The Summer School is integral part of Ohrid Summer University (OSU) which is an academic program for young faculty, PhD candidates, postgraduates, researchers and professionals, which offers intensive, problem oriented and research based courses from the domain of social sciences and humanities. OSU was founded in 1998 and has functioned continuously since then, as one of the core programs of the "Euro-Balkan" Institute, involving a significant number of both junior and senior members of academic communities from various countries. To date "Euro-Balkan" Institute, trough OSU program, has organized over 30 summer schools from various areas with over 500 participants, involving more than 100 proffessors. During the 14 years-long period of its existence, OSU has engaged itself in: adequate and effective training of the academic staff, demonstration of successful linkage of state-of-the-art scholarship and effective and innovative teaching, promotion of academic excellence and ability to facilitate creation and sustenance of active networks of academics, as well as collaborative advancement of learning in certain disciplines within the international context.
Located in the city of Ohrid, the centuries-long cultural metropolis of the Balkan region, OSU encompasses a variety of social and cultural events, provides appropriate locations for outdoor classes and includes educative excursions to the famous archaeological sites and cultural monuments, situated on the shores of the Ohrid Lake.
The theme of the 2012 Summer School is:
"BETWEEN TWO WORLDS: PHENOMENOLOGICAL DIMENSIONS OF HOME AND MIGRATORY EXPERIENCES"
SUMMER SCHOOL PROGRAMME CONCEPT
Two two week course will be organized in series of lectures and master classes, discussion sessions and workshops
Course: "The new migration and its narratives"
• Interactive lectures, followed by discussion sessions. The focus of the lectures and discussions will be exploration, identification and understanding of the concept of new migration within history and theory after the World War II.
• Afternoon workshops aiming at exploring various questions related to the discussion about new migration as a hybridic formation of inter-culturalism.
• Presentations of the participants
Course: "Where is migrant's home?"
• Interactive lectures, followed by discussion sessions. The spotlight of the lectures and discussions will be the exploration of the question of production and reproduction of culture regarding cultural practices in migratory experience, memory of the homeland and dislocation, integration of the stranger within the hostland etc.
• Afternoon workshops aiming at exploring various issues related to ideology and migrants experience within critical postmodern theory.
• Presentations of the participants
• Preparation of the Seminar Paper 30 days after the completion of attendance at OSU
THE PROGRAMME CONSISTS OF SEVERAL FEATURES
In regard to the high standards established by the Euro-Balkan Institute and due to its membership in the Erasmus Charter, the Summer School will grant the participants appropriate certificate with 9 credits (ECTS), applicable in the master studies of participant's home universities.
Memorable social events on the campus and at the Ohrid Lake.
ELIGIBILITY AND FEE
• Participants should be postgraduate students (preferably MA, PhD student or young researchers) interested in exploring the issues of Cultural Studies, Visual Arts and Humanities and related Studies.
• Participants from all countries are eligible to participate.
• Tuition fee: 450 euro.
• The fee covers tuition and study material during the school, use of library and computer room at the Campus with free internet, tour of the numerous ancient and medieval monuments in the UNESCO protected city of Ohrid located at the shore of the unforgettably beautiful Ohrid Lake. Other arrangements for accommodation, transportation and other expenses should be arranged by applicants on themselves.
• Note that we offer 20% discount if the participant pay the total fee to 15th of April and 10% discount if the participant pay the total fee to 1st of June.
• Note that we can provide for the interested participants discount prices for accommodation in Hotel Pella where the Campus will be located, near the beach. Ohrid also offers cheap accommodation in private houses
• Number of students per Summer Institute or Summer School is 20. Please note that a course will not be offered if fewer than 10 students apply by 15TH of June.
• Please note that the Second Announcement with the detailed Programme of the Summer Institutes and Summer Schools in the frame of the Ohrid Summer University will follow on 1st of April 2012.
The Institute for Social and Humanities Research "Euro-Balkan" is participating in the Network of Central European Exchange Program for University Studies (CEEPUS). Selected students from the list of institutions in CEEPUS countries (Albania, Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Macedonia, Moldavia, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, the Slovak Republic, Slovenia) may apply for a CEEPUS scholarship. See the website CEEPUS for details and contact your National CEEPUS Agency.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Signing up for the OSU 2012 legally binds the participants to the terms and conditions. If the tuition fee is not paid by the applicants by 10th of July, their registration shall automatically be rejected.
After applications are processed, Euro-Balkan Institute will notify the applicants in writing (e-mail) whether their application has been accepted or rejected.
Deadline for submitting the application: June 15th 2012.
Academic Coordinator of OSU
Blvd. Partizanski Odredi 63, 1000, Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
Tel/Fax. ++ 389 2 30 75 570
Coordinator: Velimir Zernovski MA
Rok za konkurisanje je 15.06.2012.
| Рок за пријаву |
MK GROUP - 34 места... ›››››
ЗАВРШЕН ДРУГИ КРУГ СЕЛЕКЦИЈЕ КАНДИДАТА... ›››››
INTERAKTIVNO PREDAVANJE „STUDIRANJE BEZ GRANICA“ ›››››